Since 1985, Hubert Desjoyeaux has ranked as one of the best builders of composite race boats in the world. His list of creations, at the head of CDK, is an impressive one. His future parents (Voiles et Voiliers magazine No.473, July 2010), Henri Desjoyeaux and May Thibierge, were married on 7 February 1953. Henri was a frequent visitor to the Glénan archipelago from the end of the war, where he finished up working in the Resistance with Philippe and Hélène Viannay in the “Défense de la France” (Defence of France) group, before they co-founded the Centre Nautique des Glénans (Les Glénans Watersports Centre) in the spring of 1947. May scoured La Forêt bay in North-West Brittany aboard Kotick, the Dragon which had just been built for her by Fernand Hervé in La Rochelle (1948). The helmswoman and her boat attracted the attention of the former mountain dweller turned sailor. Jean arrived in 1954, the eldest of seven children, of which Hubert (1958), Bertrand (1961) and Michel (1965) were to be the other three sailors. In 1955, Henri and May bought a plot of land on the Kerleven headland to set up a yard for yachts the following year. It’s here, just a stone’s throw from the mud flats, that Port-La-Forêt came into being in 1972, which is where the Desjoyeaux’ sons and daughters grew up, amidst the boats that were wintering or being repaired there.